Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What It Was Like Using Internet During The Exam


Two weeks ago, I had my International English exam with the help of the World Wide Web. In my last blog post, I wrote that I thought having this Internet access would be of great help. And I think I was right. While I still don't know what my grade will be, I think I used the Internet as much as I could to do my exam as well as I could. For example: One of the tasks on the exam was to analyze a text and point out how it was a persuasive text. In that task, I used two different websites to find several good literary devices used to persuade readers, which I included in my answer.

In another task, I decided to compare two conflicts that appeared in two different movies, that both took place in multicultural societies. I used the movie "The Great Debaters" and "Gran Torino". The conflict in "The Great Debaters" was segregation, where the main characters experience what it's like being the suppressed subculture. To write a few good paragraphs about this, I needed some facts about the black immigration and their living conditions, in addition to statistics on how many blacks moved from the farms to the cities. In other words, this is not information I would know without doing some research.  

6 comments:

  1. All sensible reasons why we should allow the use of the internet during exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a third world country, the education here isn't that bad, but we still lack some progress elements, the fact that you guys are already using internet in your exams makes me feel ashamed of the education system in my country where most of the universities don't have simulation programs to teach some courses. While, universities in my country are very expensive. I wish you benefit from your course and appreciate every single new information you acquire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I have a newish blog could you Please Please come check it out? Here’s the link----->http://connorscreepychronicles.blogspot.com.au/<---------.
    If you do check it out thank you I much appreciate it.
    :> I’m Not Meaning To milk off this blog, that’s just how it’s done.

    Can you come help out? You’ll get another Follower too! Win-Win Situation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite thoughtful, here in the American International School of Jeddah. We are programmed to use Internet with our iPads. It is very entertaining to use iPads because, we learn by watching videos, sharing presentations, and researching online.
    Hopefully for the generations to come they will have a more clear understanding of education with the help of technology because it expedites the learning process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article and as a student I can advise you to use this service to write articles. www.essay-writing-place.com realy quilified and skilled people, who are always to respond. their works are really the best amond all I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, just wanted to say, I enjoyed this blog post. It was helpful. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete